Dental Collection

The teaching collection of the University Clinic for Dentistry, Oral Medicine and Maxillofacial Surgery (UKZMK) is located on the first floor of the clinic. The chair of dentistry has existed in Tübingen since 1910. The first director Hermann Peckert (1876–1940) already founded the collection.

In an award-winning project called DENTAL |THINGS between the MUT and UKZMK, the collection was transformed into a museum. Objects from all fields of dentistry, including research and teaching, are presented as examples. Display boards explain the general history of dentistry in general and specific to Tübingen in relation to the exhibits, which range from the sixteenth century to the present. An online exhibition on DENTAL |THINGS can be found here.

To the collection at the eMuseum (selection)

Highlights of the Collection

Saint Apollonia with her attribute of pliers, patron saint of dentists, plaster, early 20th c.
Saint Apollonia with her attribute of pliers, patron saint of dentists, plaster, early 20th c.
Obturator prosthesis with palate for defect closure (made of rubber)
Obturator prosthesis with palate for defect closure (made of rubber)
Pelican (tooth crusher) for tooth extraction, with rotary knob, early modern period
Pelican (tooth crusher) for tooth extraction, with rotary knob, early modern period

Visit collection

Opening hours

Mon to Fri from 8am to 5pm

Tours

By appointment

Curator

Collection management
Dr. Andreas Prutscher ZA
Tel: 07071-2983461

Send email

Admission

Free of charge

Address

Dental Collection | Center for Dental, Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine
Osianderstraße 2–8
72076 Tübingen