Pathology Collection

General pathology was taught in Tübingen by Professor Oskar E. Schüppel (1837–1881) since 1867. An independent institute was established in 1874. Pathology is of central importance in the indirect care of patients, which is why it forms an essential part of clinical medicine. Tissue structures can be visualized with the aid of various staining techniques. Together with special molecular pathological methods, diseases can be diagnosed. This allows predictive statements that help to implement a therapy tailored to the patient's needs.

The pathological collection of the University of Tübingen consists of almost 40 specimens fixed in formalin. They date from 1950 to 1980 and show mainly malformations of fetuses and uteri.

Highlights of the Collection

Wet preparation of a fetus
Wet preparation of a fetus

Visit collection

Opening hours

By appointment

Tours

Tours currently not available

Curator

Administration
Prof. Dr. Falko Fend
Tel: 07071-2982266 

Send email
 

Admission

Free of charge

Address

Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology | Department of General Pathology and Pathology
Liebermeisterstraße 8
72076 Tübingen